We have now reached our Covid safe event numbers! If you want to join please do send us an email to email@example.com and we will let you know if we are able to offer more seats. ¡Gracias!
After a very long time in the making (8 years!) we have finally found a definite home for Battersea Spanish, and we would love to have the opportunity to share this incredibly exciting moment with our members!
Our new home at Battersea Park Road has been under intense refurbishment to make it a warm and unique space for all things Spanish and Latin. We will have more classroom space, two professionally designed dance studios, inspiring interior design, and last but not least, our very own in house tapas bar, ran by our incredible friends at The Tapas Room.
The Open House day is an open air event to share music, fun, and a great time together after such a long time without seeing you in person! We will make sure to follow all government guidelines to make it as fun as secure for you.
We will also be running a series of taster lessons for non-Battersea Spanish members, so this is a great opportunity to introduce friends and family to our amazing learning experience! They can book the lessons separately here.
This Open House is a ticketed event, and it is fundamental to book in order to follow track and trace requirements and capacity. Please also note that being an open air event, we depend on dry weather to run it. In the rare case that it has to be cancelled, you will receive a full refund and would be notified 24 hrs before. But, cross all fingers so the sun shines!
The ticket paid includes: a delicious courtesy drink from The Tapas Room, access to a wine tasting with The Modest Merchant, a live flamenco performance with London’s top flamenco musicians, and to end an amazing day, a very special appearance by Alison Wheeler from The Beautiful South!
Make sure to come hungry and thirsty, as The Tapas Room will have a feast for you!
The agenda of the day below. Please book now, before the tickets fly away! *
1pm: Doors open. Perfect time for the first round of tapas & drinks
3pm: Amazing Flamenco live show
4pm: Alison Wheeler sings for us!
5pm: Doors close.
A group of four exceptional musicians will treat you with their talent and arte in this open air performance.
We will have the honour to enjoy:
- Magdalena Mannion (dance). Flamenco dancer/choreographer and teacher based between Madrid and London. She is co-artistic director of the contemporary flamenco dance company Dotdotdot Dance, whose work includes a commission from Sadler’s Wells, and is a regular soloist in Madrid’s traditional flamenco venues, “tablaos”.
- Demi García (percussion). Drummer and percussionist from Barcelona. He studied at the London College of Music and specialises in flamenco, jazz, Arabic, latin and pop music. Throughout his career he has worked extensively with different artists, leading him to tour all over Europe, North Africa and the USA.
- Adrián Tabu (guitar). Flamenco guitarist from Barcelona. He studied music theory and flute at the School of Modern Music in Barcelona as well as flamenco guitar with maestros Zsolt Hernandi and Rafael Canizares. He is an established flamenco accompanist in London.
- Mónica García (cante). London based flamenco singer from Frailes in Andalucía.
Alison Wheeler from The Beautiful South.
Sit back and enjoy her wonderful voice!
* No discounts are applicable to this event.