Battersea Spanish, award-winning cultural centre based in London, is looking to hire qualified ELE teachers with experience teaching adults of all levels (experience with children is a plus).
Spanish Teacher Responsibilities:
- Teach groups and individuals of children and adults to the highest possible standards.
- Attend staff meetings and appointed training to maintain the high standards of the organisation.
- Collaborate in the construction of the organisation’s Spanish syllabus and produce teaching materials.
- Keep registers of attendance of students and monitor students’ progress.
- Fulfil the retention and renewals targets set by the organisation.
- Promote the integration of the students into the larger community of Battersea Spanish.
- Design, promote and execute designated student life activities.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Be a native speaker from Spain or Latin America with a degree in teaching Spanish as a foreign language.
- Have proven experience teaching individuals and groups in a variety of settings.
- Have proven experience creating teaching materials, developing the syllabus and bringing creative ideas into the teaching and learning process.
- Be proficient in the use of basic IT skills.
- Be a proactive member of a learning community, with an appetite to learn and share ideas.
- Have experience organising student events outside the classroom and proven success in promoting and running these events.
- Have schedule flexibility. Lessons take place during daytime, evenings and weekends. As this is a centre for adult learning, there are more opportunities for work during evenings and weekends.
- Be passionate about Latin American and Spanish culture.
- Have permission to work in the UK (we are unable to sponsor).
- It is a plus to be a DELE-certified examiner and have experience with GCSE and A-levels examinations.
- Live in London, or have concrete plans to relocate here.
- £20-£25 per hour for part-time work (dependant on candidate’s profile)
- £1,900 per month for full-time work plus incentives*.
- All of our teachers have free access to all of our courses and events.
- Fully contracted teachers are eligible to earn bonus’ toward further education.
- Postgraduate studies (Preferred)
- English (Required at proficient level)
- Spanish (Native)
Why Battersea Spanish?
People study, learn and practice, and attend events with Battersea Spanish because they want to immerse themselves in this vibrant and colourful language and culture. People come to us full of desires to vacation abroad somewhere warm and sunny, engage with friends and loved ones, seek out new adventures, shake their hips, or simply enjoy life through food, music, dance and gathering.
Battersea Spanish helps community members fulfil those goals, here in London. We rescue members from the solitude of apps or impersonal overcrowded classes and immerse them in a unique learning experience.
Our courses and events connect people in order to create a bi-lingual community that deepens members’ roots to Spain and Latin America.
What do we offer?
Battersea Spanish offers a wide range of courses in Spanish Language, Flamenco and Latin Dance, Cooking, Creative Writing, Zumba and more for groups and individuals of ALL ages, as well as cultural and social events that are designed to bring together learners, native speakers and anyone who has a passion for all things Spanish/Latin in Southwest London. With over a hundred 5-star reviews, from our database of nearly 10,000 Londoners – our method and service have led to us winning the LUKAS award for Best Language School in the UK as well as numerous accolades from the Wandsworth Small Business Awards.
How to apply
Please submit your application using this form: Application form and we’ll be in touch!