Kids Spanish SUMMER Camp!
- Time: 9:00 - 17:00
- Starting: Jul 22nd
- Length: 5 days
- Price: 300 GBP inc VAT and all materials
Come to Battersea Spanish and join us for an immersive 1-week course specially designed for Children between 5 to 9 years old. There is no minimum language requirement, so native speakers and learners are equally welcome! The aim of this Summer camp is to learn Spanish or further it, and to put it to use while sharing the Hispanic culture and having loads of fun with other kids.
Camp schedule (from Monday 22 - Friday 26 July):
The camp will be running from 9:00 - 17:00.
On the last day of the camp, on Friday, parents are welcomed to join the group for the last hour to celebrate the end of the camp.
Below the great activities your children will be experiencing with us!
- Monday: It's summer time and sunny outside!
Am: Visit Wonderful Butterflies at the Natural History museum!
Pm: decorate your own flower pot and plant a beautiful flower!
- Tuesday: let's play music!
Am: learn all about Latin rhythms and the different styles of music from Spain and Latinamerica in fun and interactive session at the camp base.
Pm: make your own drum (tambor)
- Wednesday: we love animals!
Am: Visit to Vauxhall city farm and learn all about animals.
Pm: Paint your own version of what we have seen, let's get creative!
- Thursday: Treasure Hunt!
am: children will visit the Peter Pan Park in Kensington Gardens for a Spanish treasure hunt.*
pm: children will recreate their own Peter Park Garden and will design their own Spanish play that takes place in it!
Children will learn vocabulary about nature, body parts, and will exercise Spanish dialogues through the play.
- Friday: Fiesta time!
am: to celebrate the culmination of a fantastic week together, the children will create and decorate their very own piñata!
pm: a proper fiesta is not ready without a delicious guacamole, so children will learn how to make it, and will then enjoy the tasty fruit of their work! The piñata will be broken at the very end of the afternoon. Parents are very welcome to join!
The following is included within the camp fee:
- access to a small size group led by two highly qualified and DSB checked Spanish native teachers.
- all materials needed for the camp.
- fees for outdoor venues, as well as transportation fees.
- password protected access to an online platform where parents can access links to the resources used in class and photos and videos of the progress of the performance of the child throughout the camp.
- a Spanish camp certificate with your child’s name!
The following is not included in the camp fee:
- meals and snacks. Please make sure to pack lunch and snacks for your child, and make sure to let us know of any dietary needs or allergies. The children need to bring their lunch and snacks in a comfortable backpack to carry during our trips.
And don’t forget to make use of the many Discounts on offer!
- For families who would like to sign up more than 1 child to the full course, why not take advantage of our more than one child Discount, equivalent to 10% off? Contact us to get the coupon details.
- If your child is enrolled in the Saturday Creative School, claim your 20% off to join this Summer Spanish Camp! Send us an email for details.
- Refer a friend (to the camp or any of our courses) and receive a 10% per friend referred. Your friend will receive a 10% off too!
Frequently Asked Questions
Spanish Instructor¡Hola a todos! My name is Irene Martínez and I come from the beautiful and sunny Córdoba in Spain. I was led into the world of art by my grandfather, a well-known Chilean artist. I studied a degree in History of Art at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. After graduating, I started working with children in the field of arts and Spanish learning, and it was soon clear to me that in this juncture, laid my real passion and talent. I enrolled in the Cervantes Institute Diploma for Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language and started working at Battersea Spanish teaching children and adults. I am as well the coordinator of our Spanish for Children Programme. I am a caring and engaging teacher, who is always looking for ways to adapt the lessons to the needs of her students, in order to make them meaningful. ¡Saludos y nos vemos pronto!
- 99 Lavender Hill
- United Kingdom
- 020 3095 7382