Flamenco Intermediate – with live guitar!
- Time: 20:15 - 21:30
- Starting: Apr 23rd
- Length: 8 Weeks
- Price: 180 GBP inc VAT and all materials
Flamenco Intermediate with live guitar* is a perfect opportunity for the seasoned learner who is ready to jump into the real flamenco scene!
This is a course designed for men and women who have at least 2-3 years experience in dancing flamenco and already have a good understanding of the different "palos". Our highly experienced and professional dance teachers will guide you in your journey to become a flamenco bailaór/a!
Jorge Bravo, internationally acclaimed flamenco guitarist, will be accompanying the lessons, so this is truly a unique experience.
The benefits of flamenco lessons at Battersea Spanish include:
- Small groups that facilitate faster improvement
- Personalised input from your teacher on your progress
- Access to weekly video tutorials made specifically for your class so you can practice at home and catch up if you can't make it to class
- An exclusive learning environment that fosters a warm and safe space to master your steps
- The opportunity to participate in a Flamenco Show along with professional artists
- The opportunity to learn to dance along one of the top flamenco guitarists in London.
In this course you will continue to:
- Concentrate on intricate footwork to develop your practice
- Enhance your understanding of the "compás" (rhythm) of complex "palos" (structures)
- Advance further in technique: palmas (hand clapping), posture, balance, footwork, arms, hands, turns and hip exercises
- Develop your own style and learn to dance more freely to the music
We highly recommend that you bring flamenco shoes to protect your feet and help you learn effectively.
The course consists of 8 classes of 75 minutes each. If you enjoy the course, you can continue improving and learning new steps in the next course.
Looking for more? Our events are a great way to tip your tow into Latin and Spanish culture!
* Please note that we require a minimum of 6 students in order to have live guitar in class. If the class is under 6, the class will go ahead without guitar, or an additional cost can be payed to keep the guitarist. You will of course be informed before the course starts, if either scenario had to be proposed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Carmen IgarzaHola! My name is Carmen Igarza and I come from beautiful Albacete in Spain. As a professional dancer, I’ve had the privilege of performing around the UK with Alma Flamenca Company, touring major theatres including The Royal Albert Hall, Birmingham Hippodrome, Dublin Opera House and the Lowry Centre. I perform regularly in London, including Ronnie Scott’s and currently I’m working with a number of dance companies as well as teaching. I aim to create a relaxed atmosphere where students can express themselves within this beautiful art form. I also love to have a good time with my students, so I look forward to seeing you soon!
- 99 Lavender Hill
- United Kingdom
- 020 3095 7382