Intermediate 1 Spanish Course
- Time: 19:45 - 21:15
- Starting: Jan 23rd
- Length: 10 Weeks
- Price: 250 GBP inc VAT and all materials
Get ready for “el misterio misterioso del subjuntivo hermoso.” Your novice days are far behind you, and now it’s about refining your grammar, expanding your vocabulary, and get to know that beautiful subjunctive! You are already more flexible in what you say, you can understand and speak the language in a large range of situations with little prompting and you likely have around 90 hours of prior study. During these Spanish lessons you will learn:
- to refine the contrasted use of pretérito indefinido, imperfecto and perfecto and
- to narrate stories accurately using all past tenses including the past of the past (pluscuamperfecto)
- to use verb periphrasis with llevar + gerundio, empezar a + infinitive, seguir + gerundio
- to use the subjunctive to express wishes
- to use the subjunctive to express emotions and opinions
- to use future perfect and imperfect to talk about future actions and hypothesis
- to understand the change of meaning of some reflexive verbs
- to use conditionals in the present and pas
This Spanish course spans 15 hours of Spanish study in 10 weeks.
It covers B1.1 in the Common European Framework. See the entire curriculum here to know what comes next!
Think you will miss a class or two? No problem! Through our online platform you can easily catch-up. You can even arrange a catch-up class with your teacher if you would like to. Catch-up classes can be booked HERE.
Learning Spanish in London obviously takes longer than if you were to study abroad, so be sure to supplement your courses with any one of our events that will help you to learn the language and love the culture!
Frequently Asked Questions
Belén Sánchez¡Hola! Born and brought up in the beautiful and (mostly) sunny city of Madrid. I studied Psychology at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid which included a year in Berlin, a city not known for being sunny (especially in winter). Despite the change in temperature I really enjoyed my time there experiencing a new way of life in a new city. After graduation, I began teaching Spanish and English as both a volunteer and private tutor. My passion for teaching developed quickly and after completing my Certificate in Spanish Language Teaching among other training I decided to continue my career in London. I love being in the classroom and I’m always looking into new ways to make lessons as interesting, formative and inspiring as possible. Outside the classroom I love walking in the English countryside, live music and sitting down in front of my sewing machine. My teaching at Battersea Spanish is now complemented with my role as Academic and Student Life Coordinator. I look forward to seeing you all very soon. ¡Hasta pronto!
- 99 Lavender Hill - Unit 121
- United Kingdom
- 020 3095 7382