Intermediate 1 Spanish CoursePrice range 250.00 - 250.00
You can read more about our Covid-19 Guidance, Terms and Conditions here.
Your novice days are far behind you and you’re well and truly on your way to becoming a master of the language. Our Intermediate 1 (B1.1) Spanish lessons in London focuses on refining your grammar, expanding your vocabulary and getting to know those tricky subjunctives! With little prompting, you are flexible in your ability to navigate around the Spanish language, flowing through a large range of complex situations. Our Spanish courses in London are designed for students with around 90 hours of prior study.
Our teachers are all native and completely professional providing you with a safe and welcoming learning environment. You can look forward to personalised feedback at every step of your progress, creating a bespoke and unique experience for all. Missed a lesson? No worries! Any resources used in the class are all uploaded to our handy platform that you can access via our online portal.
During our fun and engaging Spanish lessons you will learn:
- to refine the contrasted use of pretérito indefinido, imperfecto and perfecto and
- to narrate stories accurately using all past tenses including the past of the past (pluscuamperfecto)
- to use verb periphrasis with llevar + gerundio, empezar a + infinitive, seguir + gerundio
- to use the subjunctive to express wishes
- to use the subjunctive to express emotions and opinions
- to use future perfect and imperfect to talk about future actions and hypothesis
- to understand the change of meaning of some reflexive verbs
- to use conditionals in the present and past
This intermediate Spanish course is completed over 10 weeks and is comprised of 15 hours of Spanish studies.
Why Learn Spanish With Us?
At Battersea Spanish, we’re much more than well-structured, bespoke Spanish classes! Our students come to Battersea for a one-of-a-kind experience, where passion, culture and excellent teachers come together to create an amazing learning journey.
We’ve perfected the art of learning Spanish, whether you’re interested in our Beginner classes or are looking for conversation practice to get you back in the swing of things.
In the centre of Battersea, we’ve cultivated our very own community! Where you can look forward to immersive learning, fun social events, including book clubs and film nights, enjoy our very own on-site Tapas & Wine bar, apply your shiny new Spanish skills on our annual trips to Spain and much more!
We think of ourselves not just as a Spanish school where you can come and learn - this albeit gorgeous and fun language - but as a cultural centre. We’ve created a beating heart of Spanish culture right here in London, where like-minded people can come and enjoy everything we love about Spain, its people and its culture.
So why not come and join us!
What sets Battersea Spanish apart:
- Native Spanish teachers for all levels
- Bespoke course content - we create it ourselves!
- Thriving Spanish community
- Social events for all learners - including book clubs, film nights & trips abroad
- On-site Tapas & Wine bar
- Immersive classes & a fully accessible student portal
- Online classes available if you can’t make our in-person lessons
Frequently Asked Questions
Our TeachersAll of our teachers are fully qualified and have professional teaching degrees in their fields. They come from all over Spain and Latin America, offering students a diverse and well-rounded learning experience. Check out the profiles of all of our amazing teachers and contributors on the staff page.
- 263-265 Battersea Park Road
- United Kingdom
- 02 030 957 382