Intermediate 1 Spanish Course
- Time: 18:15 - 19:45
- Starting: Apr 10th
- Length: 10 Weeks
- Price: 250 GBP inc VAT and all materials
Get ready for “el misterio misterioso del subjuntivo hermoso.” Your novice days are far behind you, and now it’s about refining your grammar, expanding your vocabulary, and get to know that beautiful subjunctive! You are already more flexible in what you say, you can understand and speak the language in a large range of situations with little prompting and you likely have around 90 hours of prior study. During these Spanish lessons you will learn:
- to refine the contrasted use of pretérito indefinido, imperfecto and perfecto and
- to narrate stories accurately using all past tenses including the past of the past (pluscuamperfecto)
- to use verb periphrasis with llevar + gerundio, empezar a + infinitive, seguir + gerundio
- to use the subjunctive to express wishes
- to use the subjunctive to express emotions and opinions
- to use future perfect and imperfect to talk about future actions and hypothesis
- to understand the change of meaning of some reflexive verbs
- to use conditionals in the present and pas
This Spanish course spans 15 hours of Spanish study in 10 weeks.
It covers B1.1 in the Common European Framework. See the entire curriculum here to know what comes next!
Think you will miss a class or two? No problem! Through our online platform you can easily catch-up. You can even arrange a catch-up class with your teacher if you would like to. Catch-up classes can be booked HERE.
Learning Spanish in London obviously takes longer than if you were to study abroad, so be sure to supplement your courses with any one of our events that will help you to learn the language and love the culture!
Frequently Asked Questions
Edoardo Torres¡Hola! My name is Luis Edoardo, and I was born in Nuevo Laredo Mexico, in the frontier with the US. I have always been an enthusiastic reader, writer and educator. I started writing poetry and plays because I wanted to be like Federico García Lorca one day. For 10 years I collaborated with a literary magazine and had the opportunity to meet and learn from many great Latin American writers. My plays have been published in different anthologies, staged several times and translated to English and German. I have also been teaching Spanish and literature to young people and adults for over 6 years, both in Mexico and the UK. These experiences motivated me to study for a master’s degree in Education of the Arts in Roehampton University. Some of my best professional experiences have been working in the Centre for the promotion of Literature, “Estación Palabra-Gabriel García Márquez” and being the coordinator of our very popular monthly Spanish Book Club where I can share my two passions: teaching and literature. I am also the Director of the prestigious and innovative Taller de Escritura Creativa en Español at Battersea Spanish. ¡Nos vemos pronto en persona!
- 99 Lavender Hill - Unit 120
- United Kingdom
- 020 3095 7382