Flamenco Upper Intermediate – with live guitar! (includes Christmas Break!)
- Time: 20:15 - 21:30
- Starting: Nov 12th
- Length: 8 Weeks
- Price: 180 GBP inc VAT and all materials
Please note that the last class of 2019 will be on December 17th and the first one of 2020 on January 14th.
Perfect for the seasoned learner, our Upper-Intermediate Flamenco course is suited to those ready to take that big step into the authentic world of Flamenco.
This Upper-Intermediate Flamenco Class has been specifically designed for men and women who have at least 3 years of experience in dancing and a firm understanding of rhythms and techniques.
- Extremely talented and professional teachers.
- Each class will be accompanied by Jorge Bravo, an internationally acclaimed Flamenco guitarist
- Small and welcoming groups.
- Personalised input and feedback at every step of your progress.
- Refine Intricate footwork techniques.
- Advanced understanding of traditional Flamenco rhythms and structures.
- Continue to advance a number of your skills: including hand-clapping, correct posture and turning.
- Develop a sense of character and individual style as you learn to dance freely and fluidly to the music.
- Positive learning environment and a fully exclusive classroom
- The course consists of 8 classes that last the duration of 75 minutes.
You will also have the opportunity to perform in our annual Flamenco show along with other professional artists!
For those who may have missed a class or are looking to brush up on their techniques at home, video tutorials specific to your class will be available on a weekly basis.
At this stage in your studies, it is highly recommended that the appropriate Flamenco footwear is to be worn. Whilst also protecting your feet and ankles, it gives you a brilliant chance to learn the moves as effectively and traditionally as possible.
Please be aware, it is very common to complete a level three times before progressing to the next. Everybody learns at their own pace and we wish to accommodate that as best as possible so your teacher will only assess you when you are ready to advance.
*Please note: a minimum of 10 students is required in order to have a live guitar played in class. The guitarist is still able to perform for a class of under 10 at an additional cost subject to the decision of the students.
Looking for more? Our events are a great way to tip your tow into Latin and Spanish culture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Carmen IgarzaHola! My name is Carmen Igarza and I come from beautiful Albacete in Spain. As a professional dancer, I’ve had the privilege of performing around the UK with Alma Flamenca Company, touring major theatres including The Royal Albert Hall, Birmingham Hippodrome, Dublin Opera House and the Lowry Centre. I perform regularly in London, including Ronnie Scott’s and currently I’m working with a number of dance companies as well as teaching. I aim to create a relaxed atmosphere where students can express themselves within this beautiful art form. I also love to have a good time with my students, so I look forward to seeing you soon!
- 99 Lavender Hill
- United Kingdom
- 020 3095 7382