Flamenco Level 1 coursePrice range 180.00 - 180.00
Covid-19 Guidance, Terms and Conditions here.
If you wish to learn this course online, click here.
Join London's top Flamenco school to learn with the best instructors in a warm and supportive dance community, and see yourself progress all the way from complete beginner to advanced.
Flamenco is a dynamic and empowering style of dance, made up of influences from cultures all over the world which came together in Andalucia, Spain and is in constant evolution. Dancing flamenco is learning to move with beauty and strength, making music with your footwork and channeling your emotions to find your personal expression.
Flamenco Level 1 is suitable for anyone who has completed our Flamenco Foundation Course or has taken complete beginners classes previously. In this 8- week course (8 weekly sessions of 1.5 hours each) you will focus on building footwork and bodywork technique, understanding base steps and how they fit into the rhythm. Special attention is paid to compás and palmas as well as learning a short choreography each term.
* Please note that it is required to have flamenco shoes to enroll on this course. Battersea Spanish provides with high quality and affordable shoes. Get in touch to find out more!
Level progression: please note that a student will typically complete each level 3 times on average before moving onto the next level, but you will always continue to learn and polish your moves. Teachers will advise on week 7 of each term if a student can move onto the next level. Progress is very individual, and the most important thing is to enjoy the process at your own speed of development. Students transitioning from online to in-studio lessons must take their last level of online at least once in-studio.
By joining Flamenco lessons at Battersea Spanish, you will have access to:
- the only UK school with a comprehensive flamenco curriculum
- a personalised way of teaching and learning
- a supportive community and learning environment
- top dance studios with full body mirrors and specialised flamenco flooring to enhance your moves and protect your body
- opportunities to perform in our yearly show and Christmas fiesta
- special monthly workshops taught by visiting artists to learn additional skills
- masterclasses to learn about the art, history and contemporary developments within flamenco
- free access to our studios to provide you with rehearsal opportunities
Our courses are very popular and fill up very quickly, so please secure your seat now to avoid disappointment!
Frequently Asked Questions
Carmen IgarzaHola! My name is Carmen Igarza and I come from beautiful Albacete in Spain. As a professional dancer, I’ve had the privilege of performing around the UK with Alma Flamenca Company, touring major theatres including The Royal Albert Hall, Birmingham Hippodrome, Dublin Opera House and the Lowry Centre. I perform regularly in London, including Ronnie Scott’s and currently I’m working with a number of dance companies as well as teaching. I aim to create a relaxed atmosphere where students can express themselves within this beautiful art form. I also love to have a good time with my students, so I look forward to seeing you soon!
- 263-265 Battersea Park Road
- United Kingdom
- 02 030 957 382