- Time: 18:50 - 19:50
- Starting: Apr 8th
- Length: 8 Weeks
- Price: 120 GBP inc VAT
Flamenco as an art form oozes passion and seductiveness. Originating in Andalucia, Spain, it has been danced for nearly 500 years, retaining all of its beauty and tradition throughout. And now, in the heart of Battersea, you have the chance to learn it too!
So, you’re on your way to becoming a true Flamenco or Flamenca? Our Flamenco Improvers Class in London has been specifically designed for men and women who have developed a general understanding of the dance and have previous experience in it.
- Fully native and completely professional teachers will guide you through the course.
- Personalised input and feedback at every step of your progress.
- Small and welcoming groups.
- Refine intricate footwork techniques.
- Learn the traditional Flamenco rhythms and structures, and enhance your understanding of the "compás" (rhythm) of complex "palos" (structures).
- Advance further a number of your skills: including hand-clapping, correct posture and turning techniques, moulding you into a true master of the dance!
- Positive learning environments and a fully exclusive classroom.
- The course consists of 8 classes that last the duration of 60 minutes.
You will also have the opportunity to perform in our annual Flamenco show along with other professional artists!
For those who may have missed a class or are looking to brush up on their techniques at home, video tutorials specific to your class will be available on a weekly basis.
At this stage of your studies, it is highly recommended that the appropriate Flamenco footwear is to be worn. Whilst also protecting your feet and ankles, it gives you a brilliant chance to learn the moves as effectively and traditionally as possible.
Please be aware, it is very common to complete a level three times before progressing to the next. Everybody learns at their own pace and we wish to accommodate that as best as possible so your teacher will only assess you when you are ready to advance.
Looking for more? Our events are a great way to tip your tow into Latin and Spanish culture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Carmen IgarzaHola! My name is Carmen Igarza and I come from beautiful Albacete in Spain. As a professional dancer, I’ve had the privilege of performing around the UK with Alma Flamenca Company, touring major theatres including The Royal Albert Hall, Birmingham Hippodrome, Dublin Opera House and the Lowry Centre. I perform regularly in London, including Ronnie Scott’s and currently I’m working with a number of dance companies as well as teaching. I aim to create a relaxed atmosphere where students can express themselves within this beautiful art form. I also love to have a good time with my students, so I look forward to seeing you soon!
- 99 Lavender Hill
- United Kingdom
- 020 3095 7382