Flamenco is a passionate and seductive art form that has been danced in Andalucía, Spain for nearly five hundred years and now it has come to Battersea, for you.
This is a course designed for men and women who have some experience in dancing flamenco. Our highly experienced and professional dance teachers will guide you in your journey to become a flamenco bailaór/a!
The benefits of flamenco lessons at Battersea Spanish include:
- Small groups that facilitate faster improvement
- Personalised input from your teacher on your progress
- Access to weekly video tutorials made specifically for your class so you can practice at home and catch up if you are absent
- An exclusive learning environment that fosters a warm and safe space to master your steps
- A focus on intricate footwork to develop your practice
- Understanding of the "compás" (rhythm) of complex "palos" (structures)
- Advancing further in technique: palmas (hand clapping), posture, balance, footwork, arms, hands, turns and hip exercises.
We highly recommend that you bring flamenco shoes to protect your feet and help you learn effectively. Women are also encouraged to wear a flamenco skirt to learn how to use it and look like a dancer!
The course consists of 8 classes of 90 minutes each. If you enjoy the course, you can continue improving and learning new steps in the next 4 or 8-week course at the level your teacher suggests.
If you want to come try a class first, you can book a trial lesson HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions
Carmen IgarzaHola! My name is Carmen Igarza and I come from beautiful Albacete in Spain. As a professional dancer, I’ve had the privilege of performing around the UK with Alma Flamenca Company, touring major theatres including The Royal Albert Hall, Birmingham Hippodrome, Dublin Opera House and the Lowry Centre. I perform regularly in London, including Ronnie Scott’s and currently I’m working with a number of dance companies as well as teaching. I aim to create a relaxed atmosphere where students can express themselves within this beautiful art form. I also love to have a good time with my students, so I look forward to seeing you soon!
- 99 Lavender Hill
- United Kingdom