Flamenco is a passionate and seductive art form that has been danced in Andalucía, Spain for nearly five hundred years and; lucky you, it is taught here in Battersea!
This is a course designed for men and women who have some experience in dancing flamenco. Our highly experienced and professional dance teachers will guide you in your journey to become a flamenco bailaór/a!
The benefits of flamenco lessons at Battersea Spanish include:
- Small groups that facilitate faster improvement
- Personalised input from your teacher on your progress
- Access to weekly video tutorials made specifically for your class so you can practice at home and catch up if you are absent
- An exclusive learning environment that fosters a warm and safe space to master your steps
- The opportunity to participate in a Flamenco Show along with professional artists.
In this course you will:
- Focus on intricate footwork to develop your practice
- Enhance your understanding of the "compás" (rhythm) of complex "palos" (structures)
- Advance further in technique: palmas (hand clapping), posture, balance, footwork, arms, hands, turns and hip exercises.
We highly recommend that you bring flamenco shoes to protect your feet and help you learn effectively.
The course consists of 8 classes of 50 minutes each. If you enjoy the course, you can continue improving and learning new steps in the next course. It is common to repeat a level two or three times before progressing to the next level. Each individual student will progress at different rates, so the teacher will assess when the student is ready to advance on a per case basis.
If you want to come try a class first, you can book a trial lesson HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions
Carmen IgarzaHola! My name is Carmen Igarza and I come from beautiful Albacete in Spain. As a professional dancer, I’ve had the privilege of performing around the UK with Alma Flamenca Company, touring major theatres including The Royal Albert Hall, Birmingham Hippodrome, Dublin Opera House and the Lowry Centre. I perform regularly in London, including Ronnie Scott’s and currently I’m working with a number of dance companies as well as teaching. I aim to create a relaxed atmosphere where students can express themselves within this beautiful art form. I also love to have a good time with my students, so I look forward to seeing you soon!
- 99 Lavender Hill
- United Kingdom
- 020 3095 7382