This summer our extremely popular Saturday Creative School sees an amazing complement with our Kids Spanish Summer Camp, where children will experience a full immersion week of Spanish, creating, playing, acting, singing and, of course, learning Spanish or advancing on what they already know, in case they already speak some, or loads! The camp will take place Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, from 23rd of July to 27th of July, and welcomes children from 4* to 9 years of age, of all levels of Spanish, from complete beginners to fluent. We have a fantastic method of working with multiple levels in one learning space, and we have seen incredible results, so we assure you no matter how much Spanish your child speaks, it will be an enriching and inclusive experience.
Below the great activities your children will be experiencing with us!
Monday: Let’s make our own perfume!
am: trip to Battersea Park to collect flowers.*
pm: time to make their very own perfume!
Children will learn vocabulary related to nature, colours, smells, numbers, and will learn verbs for instructions such as Mezcla, Corta, Pega, Haz, etc.
Tuesday: Let’s play the maracas!
am: children will learn about the musical traditions of the Hispanic world.
pm: children will make their very own maracas, and will compose their own song!
Children will learn vocabulary related to musical instruments, sounds, materials and shapes, and will practice their pronunciation while composing and singing a Spanish song.
Wednesday: We are Frida Kahlo!
am: children will visit the British Museum Mexican area.
pm: children will create their very own Frida Kahlo portraits!
Children will learn vocabulary related to art, shapes, colours, clothing, and will have a fantastic insight into one of the most stunning Hispanic artists in history.
Thursday: Treasure Hunt!
am: children will visit the Peter Pan Park in Kensington Gardens for a Spanish treasure hunt.*
pm: children will recreate their own Peter Park Garden and will design their own Spanish play that takes place in it!
Children will learn vocabulary about nature, body parts, and will exercise Spanish dialogues through the play.
Friday: Fiesta time!
am: to celebrate the culmination of a fantastic week together, the children will create and decorate their very own piñata!
pm: a proper fiesta is not ready without a delicious guacamole, so children will learn how to make it, and will then enjoy the tasty fruit of their work! The piñata will be broken at the very end of the afternoon. Parents are very welcome to join!
Children will learn vocabulary related to food, tastes, verbs of instructions and loads about Hispanic traditions.
The following is included in the camp fee:
- access to a small size group led by two highly qualified and DSB checked Spanish native teachers.
- all materials needed for the camp.
- fees for the museum and the park, as well as transportation fees.
- password protected access to an online platform where parents can access links to the resources used in class and photos and videos of progress of the performance of the child throughout the summer camp.
- a Spanish Summer camp certificate with your child’s name!
The following is not included in the camp fee:
- meals and snacks. Please make sure to pack lunch and snacks for your child, and make sure to let us know of any dietary needs or allergies.
And don’t forget to make use of the many Discounts on offer!
- For families who would like to sign up more than 1 child to the full course, why not take advantage of our Hermanito Discount, equivalent to 10% off? Just add the coupon code hermanito when you process your booking.
- If your child is enrolled in the Saturday Creative School, claim your 20% off to join this Spanish Summer Camp! Send us an email for details
- Refer a friend (to the camp or any of our courses) and receive 10% off per friend referred. Your friend will receive 10% off too!
*In case of rain, it is London after all! an equally creative indoor activity will be put into place.
*All children are different so for children under 5 we suggest checking the itinerary and considering if they are activities your child would like to participate in. It is also important that your child can understand basic instructions in Spanish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Spanish Instructor¡Hola a todos! My name is Irene Martínez and I come from the beautiful and sunny Córdoba in Spain. I was led into the world of art by my grandfather, a passionate Chilean artist. I studied a degree in History of Art at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid. After graduating, I started working with children in the field of arts and Spanish learning, and it was soon clear to me that in this juncture, laid my real passion and talent. I am a caring and engaging teacher, who is always looking for ways to adapt the lessons to the needs of her students, in order to make them meaningful. You will always find me having fun with children and adults here and there in Battersea Spanish. ¡Saludos y nos vemos pronto!
- 99 Lavender Hill
- United Kingdom
- 020 3095 7382